FinnShark

FinnShark (http://finnshark.com/forum/index.php)
-   C3 (vuosimallit 1968-1982) (http://finnshark.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   uuden jäsenen käyttöönotto (http://finnshark.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29883)

Dajazzz 28.08.2019 15:57

uuden jäsenen käyttöönotto

Hi,

I´m a Dutchguy who has been living in Finland since early 2005.
Recently bought a C3 from 1981. And this car will need some work, but i might post ones a while here what i have done so far.
Please feel free to use Finnish language as i will understand it, its just easier for me i post in English, and i might not look as dumb as i really am. :smielielo

Anyway picture says more than a thousand words,,,
how i bought the car:

first changed the licence plates, removed some hideous LED lights, gave it a wash and started some of the needed maintenance.

new filters, etc:

and then i had this very funny situation with the brake lights.
somebody put a wrong brakelight switch and pulled the wires from the switch all the way to the tail lights... while a 15euro switch and reconnect the original wires solved all problems. Why ow why go through all this hassle with a non original part is a big question for me...

I have no history about this car but its clear it has not received the love it deserved...
Wires were on my first priority. as all connectors were looking good i decided to fix the wires instead of buying a new harness. So getting correct collors and take the soldering machine out..
I expect the Alternater must have burned out some day.. because, boy ow boy... that this did not cause problems on my way to home still surprises me

the wiring continued,,,
To get the corner lights and blinkers working how they should i had to dig into this. I just had to laugh when i noticed this:

1 weekend i was on my knees soldering wires:

easier when you pull all back out.

very satisfying end result on sunday :rock:

lift off for new tires:

lukily the brakes have been done by and the frame looked ok so far...

new tires:

Dajazzz 28.08.2019 15:57

time for some Toijala Cruising :) and i even met a new friend :D

Sorry that my first posts took so long time but i first wanted to dig a bit into the corvette world before starting to post and only have questions. I hope you guys are ok with my language usage and looking forward to meet some of you at some events. Dont be shy to say hello, puhun vähän suomea...

Rimfire 28.08.2019 18:11

Tervetuloa Dajazzz,

ja onneksi olkoon hankinnasta! Varmasti suurin osa osaa lukea englanninkielisiä viestejä joten anna tulla vaan.

Kuvat eivät näy ainakaan minun IE11 selaimessani. Kaivelen jostakin sen ohjeen ja laitan tähän alle. Kuvapilvi ei toimi!

Jaahas, tässä ohje:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorcci
Kun vastaat viestiin, laatikon alapuolella on Manage attachements -nappi. Siitä pääset liittämään viestiin kuvan (esim. jpg max 1.95 MB). Kun olet uploadilla ladannut kuvan, klikkaa kuvan linkkiä kakkosnapilla => kopioi linkin osoite. Sitten klikkaat tuota 'maiseman' näköistä kuvaketta laatikon yläpuolella ja klikkaat tekstikenttää kakkosnapilla => liitä. Äsken kopioimasi kuvan osoite tulee siihen ja ok:ta klikkaamalla softa lisää img-tagit = kuva näkyy suoraan postissa.

jopex 28.08.2019 19:36

Noniin,onnea hankinnasta ja paras korimalli vielä:rock:
Valitettavasti kuvat ei näy täälläkään:(

Dajazzz 28.08.2019 20:30

hmm hope pictures work now?
btw, drop me a line if somebody is interested in a color 81 wiring diagram. i made this in paint.net

Corvette63 29.08.2019 00:51

Welcome on board! Still can’t see the pictures. Try to add thumbnails.

http://finnshark.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=241

Dajazzz 29.08.2019 09:38

Kiitos, for informing about the pictures, seems google photo´s does not work fluently, switched to some dutch image webstorage, and checked now with anonomous Tor browser.

Removed chair to get the electric chair to work which i managed :) and i found some garage beer money :king: 14E to be precise hahah

janiv 29.08.2019 10:01

Hello and welcome. Looks like pictures are working now.

MPÄ 29.08.2019 12:31

Welcome! Nice work:cool:

Dajazzz 29.08.2019 13:21

Ok front lights work, now the rear.
The reverse lights were changed to orange bulbs and were rewired so they acted as blinkers. I want it back to original.

time to open

tail lights wires... Twisted copper Just hold by black electrical tape... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
blinkers with sokaripala and abiko

finding original wires for correct brake switch

meanwhile my new part stash is growing as the weather is too good for not driving. :p