View Single Post
Old 25.02.2012, 22:46
Vakiokävijä

Jack Panzica on oikealla tiellä
Visit to Finland From US with C-2

Hello, my name is Jack Panzica and I would like to thank the FinnShark membership for allowing me to join this forum. Groovyjay, has introduced my to your forum and I hope my posts and upcoming trip will be of interest to you.

With your permission , I would like to tell a little story.

About 50 years ago, there was a US TV program call " Route 66 " It was about two young men " Buzz & Todd " who owned a C1 corvette and traveled along the historic Route 66 from Chicago , Illinois, to Los Angles California.

They would find all kinds of adventure, saving ladies in distress, putting criminal in jail, and just having a great time in a Corvette

As a 12 year old boy, I fell in love with the life they led and more important, the car they drove, a 1961 Corvette

After graduation from University and getting my first teaching position, at 22 years of age in 1969 , I bought a 1961 Corvette for $900

It caught fire in 1970 and I bought a 1966 L-79 327/350 Roadster. 42 years and 300,000 miles later , I still have that car and I still have a passion for driving it.

If you like, I would like to share some of my experiences with the car over the years and with great excitement, the possibility that I will bring my car to Finland this summer.

Groovyjay, has been following my travels on the US CorvetteForum and I have enjoyed his posts on his car and on Finland and its people. It seems that you are just as crazy and passionate about your corvettes as Americans.

I have many "How to fix " posts that I can re post for those who need to fix both C1 C2 and C3 Corvette. I will post them if you like.

Here is a link that you can view on my 48 State Trip. You do not have to join to read....it has about 65 pages and 81,000 views.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...tes-await.html

Here is the post on my European Trip

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...pe-awaits.html

I hope to ship the car to Norway the first week in August, make my way north to North Cape, south to Oulu, & Helsinki, on to Sweden on to Denmark and then central Europe and the leave Netherlands first week of October.

I look forward to meeting the people behind the screen names......that is the most fun.....

Please ask any questions that you may have

Cheers and a picture of my car a few weeks ago

Jack