View Single Post
Old 30.01.2018, 16:24
Kauhavan ruma vallesmanni

Pekka Berkeles has a spectacular aura aboutPekka Berkeles has a spectacular aura aboutPekka Berkeles has a spectacular aura about
Hm.

"I noticed a lot of manufacturers changing to the LSU 4.9 sensor and I'm not sure how much that has contributed to the issue that I'm seeing people experience, but I'm told they're much less able to handle the heat that they're hit with.

I've had a lot of trouble with wideband sensors lately with builds that I'm directly and indirectly involved in and decided to take a moment to figure things out. Most of the time, I see the sensors and wideband manufacturers getting the blame for these failures.

What I discovered is that in the cases that I've been able to research, neither is to blame.

In every case I've seen so far, the cause of the failures is the way the sensors are installed.

The aftermarket headers aren't being made with bungs that are conducive to wideband sensors survival. What I mean is that the bungs are too shallow and the sensors are being placed too deep into the exhaust stream. I accidentally discovered by reading through some of Innovate's documentation that they even spell that out for their customers by telling us that the bung they supply spaces the sensors out to where just the very tip is exposed to the exhaust stream and heat. That's sufficient to gain a good sample for feedback. "

GM LS-moottorien ahdinasennukset, vapariviritykset, säädöt sekä dynomittaukset

Myös vianetsinnät sekä huollot C5/C6 Corveteille

Soita 0400 358 238

www.autokorjaamovirta.fi