FinnShark
Home Forums Gallery Links Events Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register
Go Back   FinnShark > English Section > Visitors' Lounge
User Name
Password

Visitors' Lounge Post your questions about the Finnish Corvette hobby here.

Old 25.02.2012, 23:46
Vakiokävijä

Jack Panzica on oikealla tiellä
Visit to Finland From US with C-2

Hello, my name is Jack Panzica and I would like to thank the FinnShark membership for allowing me to join this forum. Groovyjay, has introduced my to your forum and I hope my posts and upcoming trip will be of interest to you.

With your permission , I would like to tell a little story.

About 50 years ago, there was a US TV program call " Route 66 " It was about two young men " Buzz & Todd " who owned a C1 corvette and traveled along the historic Route 66 from Chicago , Illinois, to Los Angles California.

They would find all kinds of adventure, saving ladies in distress, putting criminal in jail, and just having a great time in a Corvette

As a 12 year old boy, I fell in love with the life they led and more important, the car they drove, a 1961 Corvette

After graduation from University and getting my first teaching position, at 22 years of age in 1969 , I bought a 1961 Corvette for $900

It caught fire in 1970 and I bought a 1966 L-79 327/350 Roadster. 42 years and 300,000 miles later , I still have that car and I still have a passion for driving it.

If you like, I would like to share some of my experiences with the car over the years and with great excitement, the possibility that I will bring my car to Finland this summer.

Groovyjay, has been following my travels on the US CorvetteForum and I have enjoyed his posts on his car and on Finland and its people. It seems that you are just as crazy and passionate about your corvettes as Americans.

I have many "How to fix " posts that I can re post for those who need to fix both C1 C2 and C3 Corvette. I will post them if you like.

Here is a link that you can view on my 48 State Trip. You do not have to join to read....it has about 65 pages and 81,000 views.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...tes-await.html

Here is the post on my European Trip

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...pe-awaits.html

I hope to ship the car to Norway the first week in August, make my way north to North Cape, south to Oulu, & Helsinki, on to Sweden on to Denmark and then central Europe and the leave Netherlands first week of October.

I look forward to meeting the people behind the screen names......that is the most fun.....

Please ask any questions that you may have

Cheers and a picture of my car a few weeks ago

Jack
Old 25.02.2012, 23:57
Orange is the new Black

Yorcci tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääYorcci tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Panzica
Here is the post on my European Trip

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...pe-awaits.html

I hope to ship the car to Norway the first week in August, make my way north to North Cape, south to Oulu, & Helsinki, on to Sweden on to Denmark and then central Europe and the leave Netherlands first week of October.

I look forward to meeting the people behind the screen names......that is the most fun.....

Please ask any questions that you may have

It seems that you won't make it to our Corvette Meet in Jämsä, Central Finland on the 10th to 12th August. Pity, there should be even over 100 Corvettes...

Anyway, if you are planning on driving from Oulu to Helsinki, Jyväskylä lies almost at the middle of those two and you're most welcome. Just tell, if you need a place to stay overnight. We have a quite active band of Corvette enthusiast here and I'm sure that we can arrange at least some fun for you...

Heaven wouldn't be so high I know
if the times gone by hadn't been so low
The best laid plans come apart at the seams
and shatter all my dreams

Old 26.02.2012, 00:44
Konkari

janiv tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Hello and welcome.

That kind of trip sounds unbelievable, but super great If you managed to drove 48 states you'll manage to drive Europe. Gotta read that topic about 48 states some day.
Old 26.02.2012, 00:53
Aktivisti

El RayNo on oikealla tiellä
Welcome to Finland and we are planning some classic corvette run with You.
Old 26.02.2012, 01:59
Vakiokävijä

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorcci
It seems that you won't make it to our Corvette Meet in Jämsä, Central Finland on the 10th to 12th August. Pity, there should be even over 100 Corvettes...

Anyway, if you are planning on driving from Oulu to Helsinki, Jyväskylä lies almost at the middle of those two and you're most welcome. Just tell, if you need a place to stay overnight. We have a quite active band of Corvette enthusiast here and I'm sure that we can arrange at least some fun for you...

Hello,

Thank you for the offer. I will put your town on the map and I am sure to stop on my way south.

I will keep all posted on my trip progress and look forward to some Finland fun.

Jack
Old 26.02.2012, 09:33
Jo vain vihertää!

KTM on oikealla tiellä
Hello Jack, great that you got your regiteration to FS working. Have you desided yet which route you take from Tromsö to Oulu? I look forward to meet you.

(Also more details in PM)

Last edited by KTM : 26.02.2012 at 10:25.
Old 26.02.2012, 12:09
smooth ride

Former67er on oikealla tiellä
This is really great to have a midyear straight from the states to our small village called Finland

Very Wellcome Jack
Old 26.02.2012, 13:02
Aktivitsi

KooJii on oikealla tiellä
That plan of yours sounds awesome. It's great that some people have guts enough to do crazy things like that. Welcome to Finland, hope to meet you during your road trip!
Old 26.02.2012, 16:11
Vakiokävijä

Hello Finland

I would like to thank all of FinnShark members for their warm welcome.

My plan is to arrive (car by ship) Oslo Norway. Projected date 8/04/12
From Olso I will head west , then north to Trondheim, by the 8/9
Trondheim to Cape North area 8/11 to Oulu around the 8/12
South from Oulu to Helsinki by 8/15 on to Stockholm by 8/17

I hope to spend 3 to 5 days in Finland. I have been offered places to stay in Finland and I am very excited about it.

Here are some pictures of my car before I finished restoration (4th) in 2010 just before my 48 State trip. I had done all restoration myself , but the paint and motor rebuild.

March 2010

July 2010

I live on the coast of Maine in a small town called Cape Elizabeth. It is about 5 miles from Portland Maine, the major city . Maine is very much like Scandinavia, rugged coast line , tall pine trees and a long winter.

This winter has been mild. Here are a few pictures of Maine

Odotan vierailuni Suomessa. Olen varma, että tulen mielelläni ajo ja vierailevat foorumin jäsenille FinnShark.

Cheers ja kesään asti

jakki
Old 27.02.2012, 08:30
Konkari

Nipa on oikealla tiellä
Send a message via MSN to Nipa
Sounds like a great trip.
Maybe the enthusiasts in Tampere region can meet you when you are closer to Tampere. And maybe have a lunch http://www.diner.fi/

EX: - 99 Corvette Convertible, white/black
EX: - 88 Corvette Coupe, black/black