FinnShark
Home Forums Gallery Links Events Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register
Go Back   FinnShark > English Section > 3D Modeling Projects
User Name
Password

3D Modeling Projects Discuss modeling the Corvette with 3D tools here. All generations.

Old 11.02.2004, 13:21
Nysvääjä

Finnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond repute
Status update...

We still don't have own page for 3D modelling, but it's coming as soon as possible...

Here is a short list of what we are now modelling:
Finnshark: rear trailing arms modelling going on.
Small detail parts done, for example automatic shifter knob. Yeah, that was a real big deal to model... Door sills and shifter plate (the aluminium plate in center console) in modelling.

Groovyjay: 1/2 shafts and drive shaft modelling going on.

Burners: Front wheel hub is for you.

Anybody alse want to contribute something?
Old 29.03.2006, 23:57
groovyjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnshark
We still don't have own page for 3D modelling, but it's coming as soon as possible...

Here is a short list of what we are now modelling:
Finnshark: rear trailing arms modelling going on.
Small detail parts done, for example automatic shifter knob. Yeah, that was a real big deal to model... Door sills and shifter plate (the aluminium plate in center console) in modelling.

Groovyjay: 1/2 shafts and drive shaft modelling going on.

Burners: Front wheel hub is for you.

Anybody alse want to contribute something?

I found something that will save us some time...

http://www.wrenchmonkey.com/Webpages/Solids/Solids.html
Old 30.03.2006, 09:07
Aktivisti

Carlos on oikealla tiellä
...the door sills and mid console shifter plate for C2 have already been re-modelled and fabricated by Carloksen Muotoilusepät Ry. I'll send you pictures later on...
- Wektor 1990 (yli-900)

>>>Johnny, la gente está muy loca...WTF...>>>
Old 30.03.2006, 11:53
groovyjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
...the door sills and mid console shifter plate for C2 have already been re-modelled and fabricated by Carloksen Muotoilusepät Ry. I'll send you pictures later on...

Old 14.05.2006, 02:04
Aloittelija

Twin_Turbo on oikealla tiellä
Hey all, found you guys were modeling stuff from a post on CorvetteForum (a very old post may I add )

Hey jay, that's my stuff...I have a more complex model:

do any of you guys have something finished that I could use?? lotsa work doing all this stuff.
Old 14.05.2006, 03:40
groovyjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
Hey all, found you guys were modeling stuff from a post on CorvetteForum (a very old post may I add )

Hey jay, that's my stuff...I have a more complex model:

do any of you guys have something finished that I could use?? lotsa work doing all this stuff.

We just discussed about the whole 3d modelling project the other day and it seems that we all are way too buried in work that we can't seem to find the time to even open up Catia or solidworks anymore...

You do a nice work Marck, we'll propably have an "online get-together" some time in the near future with the few guys who have been working on this. I would like to add you to the list if you are interested discussing about the subject in hand.

Good to have you on board TT, as I recall your Finnish was also fluent?
Old 14.05.2006, 12:21
Aloittelija

Twin_Turbo on oikealla tiellä
yeah, my finnish is excellent

It took me a long time to model up what you see there, just working on it every now and then. As you can see, the engine and trans are crude models.

I was hoping someone would have modelled other stuff. I have several complete suspensions so no need for someone to start modelling trailing arms and such. The only thing I don't have yet is a set of accurate front spindles
Old 15.05.2006, 11:24
Nysvääjä

Finnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
yeah, my finnish is excellent

It took me a long time to model up what you see there, just working on it every now and then. As you can see, the engine and trans are crude models.

I was hoping someone would have modelled other stuff. I have several complete suspensions so no need for someone to start modelling trailing arms and such. The only thing I don't have yet is a set of accurate front spindles

TwinTurbo, that model looks excellent! Very good stuff! Dam, I have front spindles open at this very moment, but I hardly have time to open my computer... Those parts are not too complicated to model. I have to try to take an hour or two to get those models done. But not this week or next week, they are booked to the very last minute...

Ex 1999 FRC Z51, 6sp
Ex 2006 Coupe Z51, 6sp