FinnShark
Home Forums Gallery Links Events Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register
Go Back   FinnShark > English Section > Visitors' Lounge
User Name
Password

Visitors' Lounge Post your questions about the Finnish Corvette hobby here.

Old 08.03.2007, 22:01
Nysvääjä

Finnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peku22
At that time Nokia was quite different compared to the Nokia we know today. There was Telenokia, NokiaData and so on. To my knowledge Nokia had several offices all around the county.

OK, so it was already spread all over the country. Even though mobile business was still in it's early years...

John, do you have any idea in which Nokia business area Pekka was working? In case he is still working for the same (or what it has become) business area. Might be easier to find him if our people at Nokia would know his business area. Nokia is such a huge company nowadays that it might be difficult to find one person from there...

Ex 1999 FRC Z51, 6sp
Ex 2006 Coupe Z51, 6sp

Old 09.03.2007, 07:29
Tulokas

John on oikealla tiellä
Wow!

Thanks for the big response!!

Finshark, Pappatunturi, corvette63 & Peku22:

I think he worked for Nokia Mobira in the 85' to 87' in Bernardsville, NJ USA office.

I believe he was a firearms enthusiast and may have had some connection with Sako early in his career when it was owned by or part of Nokia Mobira.

I'm not sure about that last name, I want to say Kontrantada but that is just how I remember it(I hope I'm not butchering his name or Finnish honor).He may have gone back between 86' and 89'

Sorry about misspelling Findland in last post. I'm starting to feel like comming to Findland!

Thanks to all!

John
Old 09.03.2007, 07:51
Konkari

Nipa on oikealla tiellä
Send a message via MSN to Nipa
Hopefully you will get contact to your old friend John. Maybe the Kontrantada might be Kotiranta or something like that. Good luck for your search John

EX: - 99 Corvette Convertible, white/black
EX: - 88 Corvette Coupe, black/black
Old 09.03.2007, 09:24
Dr. Crossfire

Macho tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Entinen nokialainen Pekka Kotiranta eteni Ericssonilla Euroopan, Lähi-idän ja Afrikan matkapuhelinmyynnistä vastaavaksi johtajaksi, mutta kuluttajat naureskelivat kolhoille kännyköille vaikka Kotiranta myi, myi ja myi. Lupaava ura lässähti potkuihin viime syksynä (2001). Kotiranta asuu tätä nykyä Tanskassa, vaimonsa kotimaassa.

Maybe it's this guy, at least nobody with this name works for nokia anymore. my free translation from the old news I found:

A former nokia emplyee Pekka Kotiranta made progress as he worked for Ericsson as a Europe, Middle East and Africa mobilephone sales executive person. The consumers laughed at the bulky phones, even though Kotiranta sold, sold and sold. Promising career ended last fall (2001). Nowdays Kotiranta lives in Danmark, which is his wife's homeland.
Old 09.03.2007, 10:24
Kauhavan ruma vallesmanni

Pekka Berkeles has a spectacular aura aboutPekka Berkeles has a spectacular aura aboutPekka Berkeles has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette63
Nokia won't give their list of employees. But if here anybody works for Nokia, so maybe he/she can ask, if anybody knows something about Pekka Kortelainen.

There's no Pekka Kortelainen working for Nokia today.

By the way, I checked how many "Pekka Kortelainen" you can find from Finnish telephone catalog "Fonecta". There was 39 hits...
Old 09.03.2007, 15:50
Karkotettu

Mickey on oikealla tiellä
Send a message via MSN to Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnshark
Almost every one of us lives in Finland. But we do have couple of originally finnish guys living in USA too in this forum! Maybe they will chime in when they notice this thread!

Pappatunturi: I agree with you, this mystery needs to be solved!

By the way, where Nokia had offices at that time? At least in Tampere and Otaniemi(?), anywhere else?

Salo.....
Old 09.03.2007, 16:00
Konkari

Corvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääCorvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Berkeles
There's no Pekka Kortelainen working for Nokia today.

By the way, I checked how many "Pekka Kortelainen" you can find from Finnish telephone catalog "Fonecta". There was 39 hits...

That's right, I checked out those lists myself too!
Old 09.03.2007, 16:04
Konkari

Corvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääCorvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Salo.....

..And in Helsinki is a few Nokia's offices.. Mäkkylä, Karaportti, Pitäjänmäki, Keilaranta (Espoo) etc. etc.
Old 09.03.2007, 16:21
Konkari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappatunturi
Corvette 63 ; Contact Ismo.I believe he still works for Nokia.

Yup, he still works for Nokia, but "Pekka Berkeles" told all necessery information

Quote:
John ; Hold on there -we wont sleep until this is done

Old 09.03.2007, 17:15
Tulokas

John on oikealla tiellä
Warmer!

Nipa & Macho:

Kotiranta sounds very familiar and I believe he married a gal from Sweeden or maybe Denmark.....That could be it...

Further searching brings me alot of Finnish language hits.
Getting warmer!

John