FinnShark
Home Forums Gallery Links Events Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register
Go Back   FinnShark > English Section > 3D Modeling Projects
User Name
Password

3D Modeling Projects Discuss modeling the Corvette with 3D tools here. All generations.

Old 28.01.2004, 15:14
Vakiokävijä

Arto on oikealla tiellä
Information regarding our Corvette 3D modeling project

I opened this forum for discussions regarding our ongoing effort, led by Riku (forum name FinnShark) and Jani (forum name groovyjay]), to design a full 3D mockup of the Corvette. We're starting out with the C3.

More information in the original CorvetteForum.com postings at:

3D model of Corvette
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=725050

Suspension geometry models. Roll center etc...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=728567

If you would like to assist in this (admittedly huge and somewhat crazy) effort, please write to this forum and describe which area of the car you'd like to work on

Arto
Old 29.01.2004, 09:56
Nysvääjä

Finnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond repute
So the meaning is to model whole C3 and then later on all C1-C6 vettes in CAD programs. Meaning is to use native file systems as a reasults files (igs, step, dxf for example), so that as many as possible can use these models. I suppose that many files are going to have at least Catia5 format too, that's what I'm using.

Meaning is that everybody who is taking part in our massive design operations will have access to all models. This is a huge job to do, so we want give the results only to people who have participated this effort. Things are starting out slowly and this is not going to be any short term project. It's going to take a lot of time untile we have good models of the cars.

All models are kept separately, maybe some small assemblies will be done. Bigger assemblies will be so heavy that they needs a lot from computers to be able to handle the models. On the other hand with the models it's easy to do assemblies like suspensions etc!

Contact us by e-mail or via this forum if you want more information or want to participate in modelling!

And same in finnish:
Eli tarkoitus on mallintaa koko C3 Corvette CAD-ohjelmalla. Myöhemmin on tarkoitus laajentaa mallit kattamaan myös C1-C6 vetet. Tarkoituksena on käyttää natiivi tiedostomuotoja (igs, step, dxf) tiedostojen keräämiseen ja siirtoon, mutta ainakin Catia5 tiedostomuotoja tulemme myös käyttämään.

Mallinnus vaatii älyttömän määrän työtä, joten te kaikki kynnelle kykenevät olette tervetulleita talkoisiin. Työn tulokset jaetaan kaikille osallistuneille ilmaiseksi! Tämä ei ole mikään nopea pikkuprojekti vaan aikaa tulee kulumaan jonkin verran ennenkuin mitään kunnollisen konkreettista on esillä.

Kaikki osat on tarkoitus mallintaa yksittäisinä ja jakaa ne yksittäisinä myöskin eteenpäin. Suurten kokoonpanojen tekeminen ei liene järkevää, koska se asettaa melkoisia vaatimuksia tietokoneille. Pieniä kokoonpanoja voimme kuitenkin valmiiksikin tehdä. Esim, takajousitus / etujousitus jne.

Jos haluat lisätietoja ota yhteyttä meihin sähköpostilla tai tämän forumin kautta!
Old 29.01.2004, 18:51
Jo vain vihertää!

KTM on oikealla tiellä
3D -grafiikka 3 ov

Siis tuo kurssi pitäisi suorittaa ensi syksynä. Arvatavasti voisin jotenkin soveltaa yhteen nämä kaksi asiaa.

Same in English:

I´am on. I have to do 3D course at next autum, so some part of this project would be nice work for that course.
Old 30.01.2004, 08:40
Nysvääjä

Finnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to our 3D modelling project KTM! eace:
Old 30.01.2004, 16:38
groovyjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnshark
Welcome to our 3D modelling project KTM! eace:

Todella hieno homma!
Old 03.02.2004, 18:22
Aloittelija

burners on oikealla tiellä
Greetings, Arto and everyone. As I said on the CorvetteForum I am willing to participate in this project. We will need to know what has been done already. I figured I would start on something simple like the front wheel hub.

One question, do we want fairly accurate models (as in overall shape) of parts like the stamped steel A-arms or are we more interested in accurate geometry of those parts? It will obvioulsy be easier to build a model that just has the proper geometry rather than the entire shape.
Old 04.02.2004, 07:39
Nysvääjä

Welcome onboard Burners! You can start with the front wheel hub! I've modelled only couple of simple parts at the moment. There will be a list in these pages later on about what is done and what is under modelling and who is doing those.

At the moment it's enough to have correct geometry, so somekind of "space allocation mock-up". Then later on we can detail the models further and get accurate models, which can help in weight reduction etc. But you are correct, at the first stage it's more important to have correct geometry!
Old 04.02.2004, 13:36
groovyjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by burners
Greetings, Arto and everyone. As I said on the CorvetteForum I am willing to participate in this project. We will need to know what has been done already. I figured I would start on something simple like the front wheel hub.

One question, do we want fairly accurate models (as in overall shape) of parts like the stamped steel A-arms or are we more interested in accurate geometry of those parts? It will obvioulsy be easier to build a model that just has the proper geometry rather than the entire shape.

Welcome man!!! How's the carbonfiber rear piece coming along? Are you planning to do a complete unde car carbonfiber piece? I'll be first in line when you start the mass production Anycase, good to see you found our little site, and are willing to contribute, I'm currently trying to modell 1/2 shafts and drive shaft for future references. I try to get something ready by the end of this month.
Old 05.02.2004, 17:52
Aloittelija

burners on oikealla tiellä
Hello, Finnshark and groovyjay. It's nice to be here. The carbonfiber piece still needs some more work done to it but I hope to have it fitted and installed on the car in a couple of weeks. At the moment we don't have any futher plans for an undertray but we have some ideas and we plan on doing some R&D to see what kind of improvements we can come up with. I'll let you know when the rear piece is in production.

This entire modeling project is a great idea. I look forward to contributing.
Old 11.03.2007, 18:44
Konkari

hakkis on tuntematon tekijä tässä vaiheessa
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette63
Mitäs tänne kuuluu?
Meille ei yhtään mitään.Mennään äkkiää pois.