FinnShark
Home Forums Gallery Links Events Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register
Go Back   FinnShark > English Section > Visitors' Lounge
User Name
Password

Visitors' Lounge Post your questions about the Finnish Corvette hobby here.

Old 01.09.2007, 21:21
Konkari

Corvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääCorvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorcci
I think he might have meant your 'post' mail address (postiosoite in finnish, if you didn't get my english...) it might be slightly difficult to mail you a paper issue by email

Yep I understand, Shrike told so in his previous message.

Quote:
I'll need a mail address to send the magazine.
GM
Old 01.09.2007, 21:50
Konkari

Dalton on oikealla tiellä
Hi,

We talked lot's of things at Le Mans. One day we were at the same table. You have fabilous brakes! I remember, that You told that Your Wife may not accept the price of those! It was nice to meeting You, was that another Corvette C4 Grand Sport? Because I saw original '96 Grand Sport with US plates.

Regards,

Matti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike6
It was great to meet you all at LeMans this June!
Your group got a nice mention in this month's Corvette magazine. Have you seen it?
If you want me to send a copy, give me your address and I'll be happy to mail one to you.
I heard you had some bad luck at the Nurburgring and was sorry to hear about that. My car had an electronic fault that sidelined me for a couple days while we got a new part, and by then it was too late for us to get to the 'ring.
In case you are wondering who I am, I was one of the Americans who shipped his car over for LeMans. It is a C6. I remember talking to one of your members about Movit brakes.
Let me know if you want a copy of the magazine.
G.Moller

"Don't fear risks, ride them"
Old 02.09.2007, 02:04
groovyjay

Quote:
It was great to meet you all at LeMans this June!
Your group got a nice mention in this month's Corvette magazine. Have you seen it?
If you want me to send a copy, give me your address and I'll be happy to mail one to you.
I heard you had some bad luck at the Nurburgring and was sorry to hear about that. My car had an electronic fault that sidelined me for a couple days while we got a new part, and by then it was too late for us to get to the 'ring.
In case you are wondering who I am, I was one of the Americans who shipped his car over for LeMans. It is a C6. I remember talking to one of your members about Movit brakes.
Let me know if you want a copy of the magazine.
G.Moller

Welcome aboard shrike!

It was quite an adventure to say the least! It was super meeting vettenuts from other countries and we sure had our share of Chevy-Talk over the weekend. During our trip, we had the people who stayed home (for what ever reason) up-to-date all the time on what was happening with our convoy. You can follow our journey on this topic (lots of pics, for those whose Finnish isn't the native language):

http://finnshark.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6928

And we also put up a gallery for some of the thousands of pictures we took:

http://finnshark.com/gallery/browsei...p?c=246&userid=

I'd die to get a copy of the magazine, I can also scan it for the rest of us to see!

This is me enjoying the Long Haul!

Talk to 'ya later.

Jay
Old 02.09.2007, 21:23
Vakiokävijä

Maaru on oikealla tiellä
It was nice to meet you! I was the one who you worried to have too weak brakes in my supercharged C6. And I have not done anything to them yet. Maybe we meet some day when you come to Finland for Corvettemeet.
Old 02.09.2007, 22:32
Konkari

janiv tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnshark
Maybe one day we will ship our cars to USA! At least it is a big dream for me to drive my own vette to Corvette Museum.
NO We are not shipping our cars to USA. We have to ship our cars from USA. At least my dream is not to drive to NCM by my own Corvette. My dream has been R8C since I was in NCM
Old 02.09.2007, 22:42
Tulokas

Shrike6 on oikealla tiellä
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaru
It was nice to meet you! I was the one who you worried to have too weak brakes in my supercharged C6. And I have not done anything to them yet. Maybe we meet some day when you come to Finland for Corvettemeet.

Well Ettore Bugatti said "I build my cars to go, not to stop"
Yours certainly looks all go!
I do someday hope to visit Finland, especially since I now have some great new friends.
GMoller
Old 02.09.2007, 22:43
Tulokas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippe73
NO We are not shipping our cars to USA. We have to ship our cars from USA. At least my dream is not to drive to NCM by my own Corvette. My dream has been R8C since I was in NCM
I did R8C and it's worth every penny! If you ever get the chance, do it!
GMoller
Old 03.09.2007, 17:42
Tulokas

Quote:
Originally Posted by matkop
Hi,

We talked lot's of things at Le Mans. One day we were at the same table. You have fabilous brakes! I remember, that You told that Your Wife may not accept the price of those! It was nice to meeting You, was that another Corvette C4 Grand Sport? Because I saw original '96 Grand Sport with US plates.

Regards,

Matti
Hi! Yes, the '96 GS was my friend's car. We shipped them together. He was invited to drive it in the parade! I'm sorry I couldn't greet you in Finnish, but if I can someday visit Finland, I will practice beforehand. You have such a friendly group.
GMoller
Old 03.09.2007, 18:12
groovyjay

Quote:
Hi! Yes, the '96 GS was my friend's car. We shipped them together. He was invited to drive it in the parade! I'm sorry I couldn't greet you in Finnish, but if I can someday visit Finland, I will practice beforehand. You have such a friendly group.
GMoller

So many nice cars in that parade! I have to admit that the GS was also my favourite Corvette during our whole trip (we also did see it in Hockenheim the following weekend. Those Mov'it Brakes are just plain awesome! Make sure you visit here in August, since that's when we have our annual meeting with 100 or so cars every year. And if you don't feel like shipping your car over, I'm sure we can find you a Vette to drive...
Old 03.09.2007, 18:23
Colaholist

poppamies on oikealla tiellä
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyjay
I'm sure we can find you a Vette to drive...
I think so too