FinnShark
Home Forums Gallery Links Events Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register
Go Back   FinnShark > English Section > Visitors' Lounge
User Name
Password

Visitors' Lounge Post your questions about the Finnish Corvette hobby here.

Old 29.12.2014, 09:43
Aloittelija

Wolfgang on oikealla tiellä
Copyrights

Dear finnshark.com users,
Dear Mr. Administrator/Webmaster/Moderators,

Sorry to type in English but sadly I do not speak your language – so please accept my apologize to type in English.
(Maybe the admin or moderator could be so kind to translate the relevant part of this post in your language, thank you.)

My name is Wolfgang Eistert, I am from Germany and the admin/owner of the www.lamborghini-diablo.de a private and non-commercial website.

I have seen in my web-statistic referring-list many guests/traffic from Finland – finnshark.com.
Thank you and I am very thankful & pleased to welcome you on my site. Hope you like it and you also enjoy Italian cars.

I have registered on your wonderful site here, to see where/why so much traffic is coming up from your site – once again, thank you for your interest in Lamborghini & Ferrari cars. But sadly, I have noticed that some pics has been used/stolen from my site by an user named: “unknown”.
Here: http://finnshark.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2310
and here http://finnshark.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=147

Please accept the COPYRIGHTS!
On each page of my site are the copyright rules twice with a link to the disclaimer. The important part in the disclaimer about pics/copyright is even in understandable English.

Within the posts from user: “unknown” there is no description where he has “found” this pics, no link to the original page and no copyrights info’s.

He found my page, my pics but did not ask me for permission to use them.
For future pics you want to “copy” from my site - No big deal – just drop me an email, tell me who you are and for what reason you want to use my pics and write in your thread where you have found the pics with a link to my site and the copyright info’s!

Thank you for your time to read my post and enjoy your love & passion for the wonderful Corvette.

Yours Sincerely

Wolfgang Eistert, Germany
Owner/Administrator
www.lamborghini-diablo.de

P.S. If you have any questions please feel free and don`t hesitate to contact me direct: wolfgang@lamborghini-diablo.de
Old 29.12.2014, 10:07
Got boost?

Tapio.L. on oikealla tiellä
Send a message via MSN to Tapio.L.
As a photographer I totally feel you. Stealing others pics has become a real problem nowadays. Watermarking your pics would be a good idea, although it doesn't prevent someone from stealing your pics at least others will know whose pics they really are.
Old 29.12.2014, 10:19
Aloittelija

Hello Tabio,
thank you very much for your understanding.
Watermarking is sadly no solution.
IMHO a wonderful pics gets destroyed with this watermarkings.
On the other hand, they cute or paint over the watermarks..... or even post it including watermarks (yes, also here on this site are pics with Copyright/watermarks) unhesitatingly.
And yes, ist sadly a known trouble.

Best
Wolfgang
Old 29.12.2014, 19:17
Konkari

Corvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääCorvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Unknown never claimed that he has taken those pictures by himself? So stealing is a little harsh term. If you don't want to see your photography on other sites then maybe you should just keep them in your fingerprint secured private computer. Personally I'm proud if somebody wants to share my pictures on other boards. I'm sure that there is no need for a police report yet.

Best regards,

A member from a non-commercial website
Old 29.12.2014, 20:57
Aloittelija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette63
Unknown never claimed that he has taken those pictures by himself? So stealing is a little harsh term. If you don't want to see your photography on other sites then maybe you should just keep them in your fingerprint secured private computer. Personally I'm proud if somebody wants to share my pictures on other boards. I'm sure that there is no need for a police report yet.

Best regards,

A member from a non-commercial website

@Corvette63,
I have never ever talked about any police report!
I have had a very friendly email conversation with unkown.
I can only copy the email answer I have sent him after his mail I have got this morning from him. I do not post his email he has sent me (privacy), but it was very friendly.
And I realy did not force him to delete the pics.
We have been talking about it and its solved.

Here is my email answer to unkown:
(To secure his privacy, I ****** the persoanl parts in this copy

Hello *******,

thank you very much for your mail.
No big deal & no offence taken!
All is cool and understandable for me - thanks for the compliment.
And yes, for sure I know you from *********(another car forum) and ******* (one more car forum.
I have been a moderator for the european section at ****** (one of the Forums above) for many years.
I know your awesome great car stable - congratulation.
Only for the future, please be so kind to tell/write where you found the pics / Copyrights - thats it.

Thank you very much.

Best
Wolfgang, Administrator also from a non-Commercial web-site

Last edited by Wolfgang : 29.12.2014 at 21:18.
Old 29.12.2014, 21:34
Laihian metalli since1950

Pappatunturi tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääPappatunturi tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
I think Wolfgang has a point. At the same time it's easy to step on grey area and lend pictures without thinking somebody can really own them.

Last edited by Pappatunturi : 30.12.2014 at 04:36.
Old 29.12.2014, 22:40
Orange is the new Black

Yorcci tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääYorcci tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
have seen a pair (or three, maybe) of photos taken by me "lent" in the Finnish auto related forums. I din't see that as a big deal, since my shooting with camera is very much 'just for fun' - but I also understand those, who take photos more professionally.

Isn't it just common courtesy to address where the pictures are from, if not taken by oneself?

Heaven wouldn't be so high I know
if the times gone by hadn't been so low
The best laid plans come apart at the seams
and shatter all my dreams

Old 29.12.2014, 23:44
Banana Split Racing Club

pomppe on oikealla tiellä
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorcci

Isn't it just common courtesy to address where the pictures are from, if not taken by oneself?

👍
Old 30.12.2014, 07:51
Aloittelija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorcci

You hit the nail, thats the point - thank you Yorcci, very well said!

We are all car enthusiasts and I`m very happy to share my love & passion with you and all other car nuts worls-wilde.

Best & may the g-force be with you
Wolfgang