FinnShark
Home Forums Gallery Links Events Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register
Go Back   FinnShark > English Section > Visitors' Lounge
User Name
Password

Visitors' Lounge Post your questions about the Finnish Corvette hobby here.

Old 05.02.2008, 05:40
Aloittelija

chiavet on oikealla tiellä
hello

Just wanted to say Hi from myself and the members of Circle City Corvette Club in Indianapolis, IN, USA

Great website!!

Circle City Corvette Club
Old 05.02.2008, 05:41
Aloittelija

Old 05.02.2008, 07:31
Konkari

Corvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääCorvette63 tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Hello and Welcome aboard!
Old 05.02.2008, 09:14
Laihian metalli since1950

Pappatunturi tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääPappatunturi tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Welcome !! Seem like a big and active club you guys have.

Old 05.02.2008, 10:00
Konkari

MikkoM on oikealla tiellä
Send a message via MSN to MikkoM
Thumbs up

Welcome! Its very nice to have more members from other countries.
You have quite different X-mas party
http://thecirclecitycorvetteclub.com...asparade1.html
Old 05.02.2008, 10:29
Nysvääjä

Finnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond reputeFinnshark has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome onboard! Your Christmas parade is the best I've seen!

Ex 1999 FRC Z51, 6sp
Ex 2006 Coupe Z51, 6sp

Old 05.02.2008, 11:34
Orange is the new Black

Yorcci tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkääYorcci tulee olemaan kuuluisa ennen pitkää
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkoM

Nice amount of Christmas spirit there even though it looks like you're missing snow.

Heaven wouldn't be so high I know
if the times gone by hadn't been so low
The best laid plans come apart at the seams
and shatter all my dreams

Old 05.02.2008, 13:18
groovyjay

Hello and welcome! I've been to Indianapolis few times (F1, Indy, Nascar and just on holiday). The speedway is just plain awesome with all the museums and such... Will be there again next summer.
Old 05.02.2008, 20:53
Aloittelija

Quote:
Pappatunturi: Welcome !! Seem like a big and active club you guys have.
Yes we are the largest club in the state of Indiana. End of last year we had 98 families and 128 Corvettes. Total members is 173, that includes husbands, wives and a few single men and women.

Quote:
MikkoM: Welcome! Its very nice to have more members from other countries.
Our christmas parties are normally on a Friday so it is always low key. But there is alot of eating, dancing, drinking and just having a great time.

Quote:
Finnshark: Welcome onboard! Your Christmas parade is the best I've seen!
Quote:
Yorcci: Nice amount of Christmas spirit there even though it looks like you're missing snow.

The Christmas parade we really enjoy although not many members participate in it. I guess some don't like the cold. It is held in a small town "Brownsburg" west of Indianapolis. It is always a great time and actually has snowed in past years. Last year we may not have had snow but it was definitely cold. Well, at least cold for Indiana. BTW, the Corvette that has the Big Santa Clause hat and beard is my vette

Quote:
groovyjay: Hello and welcome! I've been to Indianapolis few times (F1, Indy, Nascar and just on holiday). The speedway is just plain awesome with all the museums and such... Will be there again next summer.
If you have been to the races it is possible you might have bought souvenirs from us at the trailer we work at each race. Do you remember where your seats located? Are you coming to the motorcycle races in September? It will be the first time in 100 years that motorcycles have raced at the Speedway. Next time you are here let us know.

Our first official event of the year is our trip down to the National Corvette Museum. I think this year we have around 50 members that are making the trip. With the NCM only about 200 miles away it is an easy trip for the weekend. We get to go behind the scenes and see parts of the museum visitors don't as we do about 4 hours of work for them in the private sections and in other buildings around the museum.

Any of you coming in 2009 when the NCM celebrates its 15 Birthday? There is going to be national caravans driving to the NCM again as happened back in 2003 with the 50th Birthday of the Corvette.

Thanks for all the replies.

Save the Wave

Old 05.02.2008, 22:22
groovyjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavet
If you have been to the races it is possible you might have bought souvenirs from us at the trailer we work at each race. Do you remember where your seats located? Are you coming to the motorcycle races in September? It will be the first time in 100 years that motorcycles have raced at the Speedway. Next time you are here let us know.

Our first official event of the year is our trip down to the National Corvette Museum. I think this year we have around 50 members that are making the trip. With the NCM only about 200 miles away it is an easy trip for the weekend. We get to go behind the scenes and see parts of the museum visitors don't as we do about 4 hours of work for them in the private sections and in other buildings around the museum.

Any of you coming in 2009 when the NCM celebrates its 15 Birthday? There is going to be national caravans driving to the NCM again as happened back in 2003 with the 50th Birthday of the Corvette.

Thanks for all the replies.

Save the Wave

I've bought tons of souviniers from the booths outside the track, I've all the old ticket stubs saved in boxes. I'll definately give you a buzz next time I'm near by, always nice to meet up with new Vetteheads!

I did participate in the 50th Bday, I rode along with the New Jersey guys, it sure was a trip to remember, you can see my old photos here:

http://www.vettefinders.com/79regist...s/50trip01.htm

We are currently trying to see if we can make a road trip to US for 2009, Power Tour is our main target and the NCM 15th Bday would be the coolest bonus ever. We'll see how it plays out.

Take care

Jay